Monday, January 20, 2014

The "E" word

So, many thought that my last post was weird.  I don't think it's weird to let people know what you want when you aren't going to be there to plan it.  So in that case, I made every one's life easier.  You're welcome.

Now, on to today. Or, yesterday.  Yesterday I began to...Exercise.  Yes, I said the "E" word.  You don't really hear it come out of my mouth very often, but I'm trying to change that.  Yes, I've done it before. Yes, I've quit before. Yes, I'm ready to look better. No, I'm not ready to pay hundreds of dollars for a program.  Sorry.  I know me.  Though, I don't want to quit this time, but unfortunately you know me and I know me.  I need some motivation.  Right now I've only got my body as motivation.  The couch  and bed are just SOOO much more inviting than straining my body and sweating. But I really don't want to look like I'm 35.  I want to look like I'm (at the most) 30.

Now, I know what most of you are saying:  "Deanna, you are so skinny, you don't need to exercise." "I wish I had your problem of not being able to gain weight." It's not about losing weight, it's about getting in shape. I am out of shape.  I am no longer flexible. I have no energy when I get home.  I am straight lazy.  

Well, I need to be held accountable.  I need the motivation.  I started yesterday with Jillian Michaels' 30 day Shred Level 1.  I found it on YouTube..for free! I connect it to my Apple TV and workout in my own home!  Nice. And free.


I went grocery shopping for healthy (healthier) foods.  Fish, kale, veggies (gross), fruits, yogurt, oats and flax seeds, veggie chips...yeah I typed that!  I made some Garlic Parmesan Kale chips and some Nutella Energy Bites (added peanut butter and took out coconut).  I've eaten yogurt and apples with peanut butter for dessert.  Becky Owen and I even read that if you eat a tablespoon of Almond Butter before going to bed, you'll wake up with more energy...I'll let you know tomorrow at 4:30 when I wake up to work out!


Garlic Parmesan Kale Chips
Before bedtime snack
My dessert tonight
Now, the hard part.  Putting it ALL out there.  I want to do this weekly to see if I notice results.  So here are my first pictures of my body today (second day of working out).  Wow, I'm not liking what I'm seeing.  Gotta get a move on!

My Dunlap-It dunlaps over my shorts! (worst angle)
Back (my best angle at this point)

I wanna get my belly back to something like this:




I CAN DO IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment