Sunday, January 19, 2014

R.I.P.=Rejoicing in Party

This may be morbid to some, but to me, it's necessary to put this out there. What am I talking about?  I'm talking about my funeral.  And yes, I'm gonna plan this bitch way, way, WAY in advance and no (Fabian) you CANNOT unsubscribe.  First off because YOU need to be a part of it.  It's not going to be a quiet time.  There will be drinking, dancing, and reminiscing about the fun times.  But I need to put this out there because I won't be able to make sure all of this happens and I know that at least one person out there reading this, will be.  And I am trusting in you to make this the amazing party it truly needs to be.

First off, no solemn ceremony.  I know people say it all the time, but I mean it.  I want a celebration. I know people will cry because if you know me, you know I cry at everything.  When someone you love dies, you cry.  I get it.  But we need to have laughter.  I would love everyone who comes to my R.I.P. (Rejoicing in Party) to bring their favorite fun picture of me with a short description of what was happening.  I want there to be a wall where all these pictures are posted and where my girls can take it home with them to remember their mother and how she was loved and loved to have fun.

Second, to continue with the fun, there needs to be songs and dancing.  These songs will be compiled by people's suggestions.  Songs that remind them of me.  I will have a list of songs that I will want to be played and the reason I want them played.  The list will be compiled below.

Michael Jackson gloves for EVERYONE! If you have your own, bring it. If you don't have one, one will be provided for you.

Other than that, just a fun time.  As I said before, dancing, drinking, laughter, reminiscing...a good time.  Toasts are welcome, no eulogy.

Oh, and I'm thinking that I want to be cremated.  We'll figure out where I want to be sprinkled at later.  But just remember...happy memories only at my R.I.P.

PLAYLIST
1. Seasons of Love-Cast of Rent (yes, it's a slow song but that's how we measure our life) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1c3MARlJ0Q
2. Pu**y Control-Price (it's Chris and my song) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvok-HrCd6Q (no video, just music)
3. Without You-David Guetta and Usher (it's my girls' song) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWIkO1GGVo
4. Party all the Time-Eddie Murphy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9pxgv6NTps
5. Michael Jackson music
6. Beastie Boys
7. Crash Into Me-Dave Matthews Band Cadyn, Austin and I always kiss our guardian angel Derek in the car when the song comes on.

I will continue to add to my playlist as I think of them.

3 comments:

  1. Alright sista, on it! No Beastie Boys??? And no, it's not morbid, let's hope it's much later than sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course MJ and Beasties will and shall be played. Everyone should wear MJ gloves (if you don't have one, they will be provided for you).

      Delete
  2. Scott and I were just having this talk not too long ago when we went to his nephew's funeral. I love the picture idea!

    ReplyDelete